A lot of people would say that the beach of Boracay Island White Beach Philippines is unmatched anywhere in the world. Additionally, that nowhere can surpass its white and powdery sand. Thus, making it famous all across the globe. During the decade of 1980. Boracay Island White Beach Philippines is a lone island without resorts, restaurants, and even electricity. Two decades after, This White beach Island White in the Philippines progress rapidly becoming one of the prime tourist destinations in the Philippines and Asia. The increasing presence of new business establishments and modern infrastructures.
Boracay Island White Beach Philippines is known to be one of the more internationally known tourist destinations in the Philippines together with Puerto Galera. Boracay Island White Beach Philippines occupies little over 10 kilometers of space as a whole. So, basically just a speck in the vast ocean. This small island is consists of a long stretch of powdered white sand on the front beach. So, it’s a popular tourist spot during a long weekend vacation holiday.
Where is Boracay Island located in the Philippines?
More than a million tourists visit this tiny island every year, both foreign and domestic. And it is being compared favorably with some of the best and richest beach destinations in the world. After being known to be one of the best islands in the world. Tourism in Boracay Island White Beach Philippines, which is located in the province of Aklan has increased. For tourists and foreigners wondering where the paradise of Boracay Island White Beach is located in the Philippines.
It is right into the heart of the Central Visayas region. Also, two kilometers away north of the island of Panay. It is a seven kilometers long perfect fine white sand beach. While about 3.5 kilometers by the stretch of this island. You may get there from Manila Airport via Ferry boat 1 day travel time. Or via domestic flight and mini boat which would only take 2 to 3 hours getting to the beachfront.
Recommended Months to go to Boracay Island
Best time to go to Boracay Island White Beach Philippines
So we suggest, around the last week of September until up to the whole month of January. This is the Best time to go to Boracay Island without those fishy Algae or “Lumot” (local term) along the coastlines.
Worst time to go to Boracay Island White Beach Philippines
While, around the last week of February until up to the final week of October are to be avoided. This is the worst time to go to Boracay Island where those fishy Algae or “Lumot” (local term) can be seen along the shorelines.
The beach is divided into 3 stations
Boracay Island White Beach Philippines is known for 3 stations. So, we’ll compare and provide the difference between Station 1, Station 2 and Station 3.
Station 1 is the most popular – best swimming spot
Popular for the best white-sand shores, fine dining Restaurants, and Luxury Hotels. Typical for a business getaway and romantic vacation. Also, there are a few popular beaches nearby to do your beach-hopping adventure.
Station 2 is the center of activities – but crowded area
The second station lures more tourists due to the number of activities that await visitors. Known for lots of things to do like Water Sports Activities as well as Tattoo Service and Souvenir Shops. Good choice for groups or adventure escapades.
Station 3 laid back atmosphere – most peaceful part
The third station has fewer people. Budget Hotels and lower-cost service is what this station is all about. If you prefer staying in Boracay Island for a long time like maybe a month. Then this should keep an extension for your budget.
Overall Review and Rating for Boracay Stations
So, based on the survey and our own experience. We put it into a chart table.
Rules in Boracay Island Beach
So, the most important thing you should know is that you must book a hotel in Boracay Island White Beach Philippines prior to going there. Walk-in guests or Tourists will have a hard time to settle a reservation for same-day accommodation. But, make sure that the hotel that you are booked into is an accredited hotel by the government. So, for the list, please refer to the bottom of this article, the topic section entitled “helpful links”.
- Present a copy of your hotel reservation at Caticlan Entry Point
- Smoking and drinking of alcoholic beverages is prohibited
- Fireworks and firearms are not allowed in the island
- Do not buy or shop souvenir located at the beachfront
- Watersports and diving activities must be coordinated with the municipality
- Taking home some sand from Boracay Island is forbidden
- Sand Castles will be limited and regulated in numbers (ask first)
- Making loud or alarming noises is also against the rules
- Do not wear too bold, daring and too thin swimwear
Town folks are quite conservative. So, too much skin can be alarming for them. Naked sunbathing or wearing “too less garment swimwear” like g-strings, thongs and see-through underwear will be penalized by paying a fine. While consecutive offenses may result from getting expelled or banned from the island. Proper and acceptable dress code should be at least:
- Board Shorts for Men
- Regular Two Piece, One Piece or Shorts and Bra for Women
Best if you are a conservative dresser. Where you could just wear shorts and t-shirts. Better be safe of enjoying your stay on the island.
How to go and travel to Boracay Island?
You can choose to go to Boracay Island White Beach Philippines either through Kalibo or Caticlan Port. If you love sightseeing, lower travel costs and longer travel time, choose Kalibo. But, if you want a shorter travel time we recommend Caticlan. But, you would still end up at the Caticlan entry point area as this is the only passage going to the island.
- Kalibo (longer travel time) – 2 hours of additional land transportation.
- Caticlan (shorter travel time) – 15 minutes away to the entry point.
By Air via Plane – 1 to 2 hours
This is your most convenient and quickest option to visit the island.
Airline Carriers going to Boracay Island – 50 to 60 minutes travel time
The following are your popular option to book for an airline ticket.
- Sky Jet
- Cebu Pacific
- Philippine Airlines
- Air Asia Philippines
By Sea via Ferry Ship – can take a day due to traffic
This is your alternative option if you want some sailing before you visit the island. Your best option to book a cruise is through 2GO Super Ferry. While, there for longer time planning, some International cruise ships offer a stop in Boracay Island. Namely, the following International Cruise ship companies to check.
- Celebrity Cruises, Celebrity Millennium
- Princess Cruises, Sapphire Princess
- Seabourn, Seabourn Ovation
Manila to Boracay Island Beach by Boat – 9 to 10 hours travel time
Let’s start with your cheapest option. The route of Manila to Boracay Island by boat or ferry. So far there is no Pier in Manila that has a trip that goes to Boracay Island, so you’ll need to get to Batangas Pier first.
Manila to Batangas Pier going to Caticlan Boracay Island Beach
From Manila you have two options to get to Batangas Pier, you can either;
- Get a Bus
- Charter a Taxi (beware that some drivers tend to overprice tourists)
- Transportation Network App like Grab or Uber
Kalibo or Caticlan Port entering Boracay Island Beach
Whatever you choose. You need to make your way to the Caticlan Jetty Port. This the only entrance going to the island. Here’s a brief step-by-step guide:
- From Kalibo Airport. Take bus ride or service van to Caticlan Jetty Port.
- If you’re a big group. You may also consider arranging a private van transfer that will wait for you at the airport. Most travel agencies would already book you with one.
- Upon arrival at the jetty port. Proceed to the desk booths near the entrance of the building and settle the Terminal Fee, Environmental Fee, and Ferry Boat Fare.
- Inside the port building. Register and proceed to the Passenger’s Waiting Area. Consequently, wait for the boarding announcement.
- Board the boat or ferry to the island once prompted.
- You will dock at either Cagban or Tambisaan Port. Either way, there are tricycles waiting there that can take you to your hotel.
- If you’re coming from Caticlan airport. You can take a tricycle to the port. You can also walk; it should take around 10 minutes.
Where to Eat in Boracay Island Beach Philippines
Most beachfront restaurants are very costly. We recommend you to try to eat all you can buffet. While the cost could range from 300 up to 900 pesos depending on their menu and service. Also, some buffet restaurants along White Beach can be a good choice. But, the flavor and taste could be disappointing.
There are mid-range resto-bar in Boracay Island White Beach Philippines. Farther from the main station that may be worth a try. So, if you’re really concerned about the prices. Hence, your best bets are the “carinderias” or turo-turo (local term) along the main road and inner alleys. Price is cheaper, the range cost from 60 to 100 pesos that should already buy you a decent meal.
One popular food spot is D’Talipapa. Wherein, you can shop for fresh ingredients (seafood). While having one of the surrounding eateries prepare them the way you like it for a minimal fee. This is ideal for groups! Especially, if the place where you stay in, allows you to cook or prepare food yourself. You can visit the Talipapa Bukid at Station 3 for the ingredients!
Other places to in in Boracay Island White Beach Philippines
- Cha Cha’s Buffet Restaurant
- Sea Breeze Cafe and Buffet Restaurant
- Haven Bistro Buffet Restaurant
- Fridays Boracay Restaurant Buffet Restaurant
- Nonie’s Restaurant
- Aria Cucina Italiana
- Smoke Resto
- Plato d’ Boracay
- Bismillah Halal Turkish Kebab Bbq House
- Street market Restaurant
- Los Indios Bravos Restaurant
What to do in Boracay Island Beach Philippines
You will never run out of things to do for a week along the beach. Prepare an itinerary to plan it well. Make sure to do most of the extreme sports in the morning. As it can be too hot during the afternoon. We recommend doing water activities like banana boat riding, kayak, surfing and parasailing in the morning. While, you can do the zipline, ATV ride, sightseeing and shopping in the afternoon.
List of Activities and things to do in Boracay Island
- Island tour – explore the entire island and its surroundings by riding a mini boat or Banca (local term). Also, you may enjoy Zipline and ATV Ride.
- Snorkeling/Scuba Diving – with plenty of diving and snorkeling sites, enjoy the rich marine life off the waters of Boracay Island.
- Aquatic Sports – experience Banana Boat Ride, Fly Fish, Parasailing, Jetski and other aquatic sports and you will definitely enjoy the ride.
- White Water Rafting/Kayaking – three hours away from Boracay Island is the Tibiao River in Antique where you can ride a kayak or a raft traversing with the rapids of the river.
Never leave Boracay Island without visiting the places and beaches you need to go to. Spare some time to visit some of these location spots.
- White Beach – Beach sport and perfect white sand beach
- Puka Beach – Kayaking, Paddleboarding and Massage service
- Bulabog Beach – Kite and Windsurfing activities
- Diniwid Beach – a Best sight for Sunset Watching
- Tambisaan Beach – Snorkeling and Diving
- Balinghai Beach: Private Dining
Boracay Island Beach Philippines Experience
If you want a convenient and stress-free way reservation, book at a travel agency. Although the price may be more expensive than a manual booking process. We suggest you, consult a friend or a relative who has been to Boracay Island White Beach in the Philippines and ask them. You can even leave us a message and we’re glad to answer your questions.
Want to share your ideas and opinions about your experience at Boracay Island White Beach in the Philippines? Feel welcome to leave your comment below. Check our other website articles at Apartments for Rent X Blog. Also, kindly share this with your family and friends on Facebook for a discussion. – apartmentsforrentx team.